Monday, July 28, 2008

Almost time.....................

It is almost time for Aiden and I to hit the sky and head for Ethiopia. Ya'll pray for Jeff, he will be the blog updater for me. I am using this post as a bit of a lesson in blogging since Jeff hasn't done it before. I plan on emailing him updates to post for me. Hopefully I will be able to email a couple of times a week. I may be being a bit optimistic but it is my intention to get to the Addis Ababa Hilton to use the WiFi occasionally. I am told that you can purchase a day pass there to use their pool so I plan on taking the boys there some.
I am almost packed, just have a few more odds and ends to take care of. I am getting to take 25 sets of scrubs for the caregivers and some other small gifts. I am taking plenty of gifts from Hope families. We are so excited........just can't wait!
We will miss Jeff very much and I am sad that he won't be with me the first time I see my boys faces. That makes me sad but it is so important to us that Minte finally gets to be with his family. He has been in an orphanage for at least 2 years (we aren't sure beyond that, could be longer) and we are ready to be with him and bond. I feel so blessed to be able to have this extra time with him. Most families are only able to go for a week or two but I get to spend an entire month soaking up my children's culture and heritage. I am thinking about going to an Orthodox Church service and just enjoying Africa.
I might even let Minte show us around some. I bet there is lots of Addis that he has never been able to see until now. We will save the really good stuff like The Blue Nile and other interesting places that I have never heard of until Jeff joins us.
Please just be in prayer for our safety and travel. Continued prayers for the baby's paperwork would be nice also. It would be so sweet to bring everyone home together! Thank you and blessings to all of you!

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

I am SO excited for this opportunity for you! We didn't pass court... YET... The judge said he will approve it Wednesday. (the 30th) So, we'll see. Maybe we'll get over there while you're there! :)

Rebecca said...

Yay! So VERY happy for you! Safe travels, and my prayers are with you! Rebecca S.