I guess I have been a bit apprehensive to share this news since I really am doing my best not to think about it right now. But many of you have asked or wanted to but didn't for fear of sending me over the edge. We have another court date for baby Theo/Teddy/Cooper of January 14th. Our last court dates in October and November didn't turn out well and we thought we would get heard again in December but for some reason they decided to torture us a bit longer.
I have pictures of him walking and sitting on his little potty. I miss him. I think it was so good that I got to spend so much time with him and see how much he loves his caregivers. That really comforts me, to know how much he is loved. I am surprised he can walk at all because he is held and coddled so much. I couldn't ask for anything more from the sweet ladies who love on him in my absence.
I do want to say one thing about Hope though........for those of you making negative comments about their staff and their ability to get our cases approved. I have been there in Ethiopia to see them work. I have seen first hand how the staff works their butts off to get our children home. I stood in the court room with Rahel and saw her face when the judge told her that I would not be bringing my child home with me in August. She was almost in tears. I was with her on her second trip to court that day and I know she made a third for other children's cases. Shim tracked me down at an Embassy doctors office to make sure they were doing everything that they could to get us out of the country on time when things were looking bleak for bringing Ben home. I saw the concern on his face for my kids and me. They care, all of them, and they are trying.
My situation is not about incompetence on the side of Hope, it is about dealing with a third world government that has no rhyme or reason. A government that can change their mind on a whim and make us suffer the consequences. And if you will step back and think about it, a government that might just resent the fact that they are having to give their children away so that they have a chance in life. I know if it were other countries adopting American children we might not be in a rush either.
OK, I have said my peace and I will get off my soap box now. Just one last thing....Thank you Grace, thanks for being sad with us when you have to tell us that we are gonna have to wait a little longer. Thanks for taking the crap people throw at you even though you have absolutely no control over what the court chooses. Thank you for being a friend to me and my family. I don't know if enough people stand up for you but I know just how much you care.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
What's the word...............
Posted by The Wilkinson's at 8:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Amen sister! Rahel pulled off a miracle getting us out of Ethiopia. The courts had decided with NO NOTICE to require one more document, and we got news our first day that we would not be able to return as planned the following Friday. Rahel ran down everything and worked really, really hard to make it all happen. And Grace and Shim were on the phone with us from the US multiple times each day.
I said the courts, but I really meant the US Embassy needed the document. Which makes it even more amazing. Rahel was done with the Ethiopian courts and our own government threw a wrench in things!
AMEN SISTER!!! (Rebecca S is always beating me and stealing my words...from now on I'm just going to say "ditto") Seriously tho...you are so right about Grace and Hope. We lost a whole lot of money, time, and heartache with our other agency and country...and they don't give a CRAP!! Hope is awesome!
P.S. Bring on January 12th!!
Snap! 14th...January 14th.....not 12th!! I'm blonde and a new mom...I have an excuse for being a dimwit!!
I am so sorry you will have to wait even longer. I can't believe he is walking either. Hang in there chica.
Congrats on your 1/14 court date. I am Exactly one month after you (minus a day)
Thank You for sharing your situation..those that have been waiting just a little longer than me inspire me to keep hangin' on! It is REALLY hard...with no kids..but your blog and others allows me to keep dreamin and a prayin'...
And Rahel worked Miracles for us on H and W..Just when we were ALL gonna give up....unfortunately they were missing just a couple more docs..but they busted tushie and got em in..I could STILL be waiting for court date...but I am not..Its far away...but it will come
And I think of you guys a lot..and hope to meet you some day
Kim
Post a Comment