Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ahhhhh Aiden..................

He is such a funny kid. I think I have mentioned that, oh say, a buzzillion times before and the day of my return he was true to form.
I wanted some alone time with Aiden when I got home to ask how he was doing, because to be honest, Ben's adoption has actually been much harder on him than it has been on Ben. Going from being a very independent only-child to having a nine-year old brother attached to your hip is not an easy transition. So we had a little talk:

Me: How was your week alone with Pop and your brother?
Aiden: It was alright.

Me: Just alright? How did you and Ben get along?

Aiden: Just alright..... he is always there, every time I turn around.

Me: Hopefully things will get better after he has been here longer and adjusts more.

Aiden: I really think adoption is better when you start from scratch.

Me: What do you mean?

Aiden: Well if you get a baby then you can teach it not to follow you around but if they already know how to walk you really can't keep them away...so I think it must be easier if you start from scratch. Don't cha think?

Me: Ahhh Aiden!

What could I do but laugh?

2 comments:

ellerbee eight said...

Ut Oh... what's he going to do when the baby's chasing him around? I can't wait! Tell Aiden I feel his pain. I haven't been able to go to the bathroom alone in 18 years.

Rebecca said...

Cracking up! I agree with Gina...just wait until the baby is there too. :-) He's such a good brother though, and it sounds like Ben adores him.