Monday, April 13, 2009

State of Shock............

This morning I was laying in bed, trying to avoid my usual school day mom duties, just enjoying the extra few minutes of sleep when my phone rang. It was Grace. I honestly assumed that she was calling to tell me that we are having more problems with the hotel we are using for the Hope Adoption Reunion. Instead she informed me that WE FINALLY PASSED COURT FOR THEO TEDDY COOPER.
I sat in silence for a couple beats and then asked her if she was kidding me. She said no. After that I couldn't figure out how to form a complete sentence. Needless to say it was the shortest conversation Grace and I have ever had.
This weekend my Uncle, who is really a second cousin, passed away and we have all been sad and needing some cheering up. What a blessing to get such wonderful news after a weekend filled with so much sad.
Jeff and I are still in a state of shock! May 20th of last year I was in Niger, West Africa waiting to hear back on our 2nd court date. This May 20th I will be in Ethiopia finally getting to bring our baby home! Wow, weird! Cannot believe this!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT WAY TO START A MONDAY. YOUR MOM CALLED AND MADE OUR DAY. WE WILL HAVE TO HAVE A GREAT BIG FAMILY BBQ WHEN YOU GET HOME. I KNOW IT HAS BEEN A LONG AND HARD WAIT, BUT IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT WHEN HE IS SAFE AT HOME WITH YOU. LOVE FROM ALL IN MIDLAND, JOJO

Munchkins said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you will finally have him home!

Chris said...

I am so happy for you !!!
Congratulation.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone wanted to be included in a family reunion!!
This is awesome--
Tiffany

ellerbee eight said...

SO very happy for you and your mini cooper. That picture is hysterical! He is adorable and so very, very special! Congrats!

Rebecca said...

I am happy, elated, thrilled, wowed, shocked, and did I say happy for you! You and Theo have waited soooo long. Congratulations on such wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

So very happy for you and your family! That picture is priceless!!!

Kathleen

momrice said...

I can't wait to get my hands on that new grandson and am looking forward to spoiling him as I have the other two! I'm thinking with that tongue, though, he could be the latest member of KISS!!!

Sandee said...

Congratulations......I am so glad to hear this......

Blessings to all of you.

Lisa Bates said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you that I started crying when I read your post! You must be walking in the clouds today!

Rebecca said...

Oh hey there my friend!
I don't even know what to say I'm so excited!! Praise Jesus, hallelujah, yahoo, whoop-whoop!! Eeek....I'm so happy for you!!!!

Nikko and Matt said...

Oh, jeez. Wow. I am so happy and excited for your. Such a long road yet with such a happy ending.

Anonymous said...

Guys we are so happy for you. What an Easter season blessing. The cousins can't wait to meet Cooper. He has lots of love & family waiting in Midland for his homecoming.

Becca & Todd

Lisa said...

Oh Jaclyn,, I am SOOOOO happy for you! Way overdue for Theo to come HOME!!!! Go get your boy:-)))

Amy said...

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!! So very happy for your family. What a blessing it will be to finally get him home!

Linsey said...

I am so excited to hear you are finally picking him up! Congrats new momma.... blessings on your trip.
Linsey, danny & abdisa

Kristine said...

Praise God! What an awesome surprise!!!
I am so happy for you!

Julie said...

Congratulations. He is beautiful.

Chris said...

Oh Jaclyn I am beyond words with excitement for you all!! It has been too long. I can't wait to see you all at the reunion!!! Congrats from all of us!!!!

TJ said...

FINALLY!!!! YAY!!!! Have your feet touched the ground yet? Congratulations is an understatement. I can't believe you last held this little man in July and now, almost a year later, you will hold him in your arms for good! Sooo happy for you and your family.

Meggan said...

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously Jaclyn I am soooooo feakin elated for you guys! I check ALL OF THE TIME and finally I find good news! God is sooo Good!!! Hope you have a wonderful easter! HUGS!!!