Family, Friends, and Loved Ones, here's an update:
Thank you very much for your prayers and your support. I just spoke with Jaclyn, Aiden, and our new son, Minte', on the expensive phone. J & A made it just fine to Addis Ababa, and so did all our boxes of donations and bags. Their flight was long and their TV didn't work. Nintendo DS to the rescue! They played Mario Kart for 17 hours.
They met a very excited Minte' at the Hope Orphanage and he's staying with them at the Cozy Place, a bed-n-breakfast equivalent. Minte' is very loving and very limited in his english. He and Aiden are getting along wonderfully. Get this, he claims that he's 9 years old, not 7. Interesting. We'll see how "big brother" Aiden handles this.
They also met and held the baby today, who is very, very small. Maybe we'll get to bring him home with us. Until the court approves him, we are limited to just daily visits.
Jaclyn's immediate challenge over there is keeping the boys from getting bored. The caregivers at Hope maintain a schedule and daily structure to their 60 orphans. Thus, Minte' wants to know exactly what they plan to do and when. I foresee lots of swimming. Jaclyn can get "day passes" and use the swimming pool and internet at the Hilton Hotel - it's clean and safe.
Hope is very grateful for their gifts and donations. Thank you. Addis Ababa is more modern and more clean than Niger, West Africa, but it is still 3rd world. I can't wait to go meet them.....gotta take my own TV.
Allow God to work through you today.
Lovingly,
Jeff
Friday, August 1, 2008
They Made It!!
Posted by The Wilkinson's at 8:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yay! I'm so happy that you posted this update. I've been watching regularly to see if they have Minte and met the baby yet! I'm so happy for you all! Keep us posted with how things are going, please! Rebecca S.
Such a great update! Thank you!!t
We are going to call and talk to them tomorrow morning, Anteneh is so so excited!!
Grace
Yay, yay, yay!!! I'm so happy that they made it and have Minte. And, got to meet and hold Theo. So great!
Congrats on getting Minte and visiting baby Theo!! :)
Have fun swimming and sightseeing.
Kathleen
Post a Comment